Passengers with a high body mass
Travel in more comfort and security with Air France*, with our option to choose an extra seat with a 25% discount in the Economy cabin. Air France will reimburse the entirety of your 2nd seat fare if there are unoccupied seats in your cabin.
* For flights on Air France aircraft and with Air France crew.
Do you think you may need 2 seats?
Seat width between 2 armrests is roughly:
- 40 to 45cm (16-17 inches) in Economy and Premium Economy* cabins, corresponding to a maximum waist measurement of around 135cm (53 inches);
- 47 to 48cm (18.5 inches) in Business* and Premium Economy** cabins, corresponding to a maximum waist measurement of 150cm (59 inches);
- 50 to 53 cm (20-21 inches) in La Première / First and Business** cabins, corresponding to a maximum waist measurement of 200cm (79 inches).
We recommend you book a 2nd seat if your waist measurement is higher than those listed above. You will then be guaranteed an empty seat next to yours, for your comfort and safety.
* Europe, North Africa (except Algiers), Israel ** Long-haul
How to book a 2nd seat
We recommend that you make your booking through Air France Saphir, our dedicated booking service for passengers with special needs. You can also book your booking at Air France ticket offices, through our call centers or at a travel agency. It is not possible to book online 2 seats for the same person. A 25% fare reduction will be applied toward the 2nd seat booking. Air France will reimburse the entirety of your 2nd seat fare if there is at least 1 free seat available in the Economy cabin. Simply request a refund through the customer service department in your country of residence. In the interest of safety, if the flight is full and you have not reserved an additional seat, you may not be allowed to board if your build does not permit you to sit comfortably in a single seat.
* The 2nd seat is offered tax-free and with a 25% reduction on the passenger's initial seat fare.
You must check in at the airport check-in counters. For the moment, online check-in and check-in using the interactive kiosks are not available. Please note: no extra baggage is granted upon purchase of a 2nd seat.
Receiving a refund on a 2nd seat
If you have booked an extra seat, Air France will reimburse the entirety of your 2nd seat fare if the flight is not full in the Economy cabin. In order to obtain your refund, you can choose to:
- fill out an online request, available in the “Contact us” section of our website, detailing the flight number, date and your ticket number;
- send a request by mail, along with your boarding passes.